The ClimateMaster Regional Account Manager’s (RAM) primary goal is the promotion and sale of CLM’s products through a network of Distributors. It is the responsibility of the RAM to assist in developing annual sales volume and market share goals for their territory and facilitate the attainment of these goals through their activities in the region. The RAM is a representative of ClimateMaster and as such should always present themselves in a professional manner with the goal of building effective relationships in their marketplace with and between the HVAC community and CLM. This position does require a high amount of travel that may come on short notice.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Ability to travel 50% to Distributer’s offices, Engineers, Mechanical Contractors, Architects and Owner Accounts
- Minimum quarterly factory visits following initial training
- Monthly regional forecast, market/price/project/market share/training review and update to National Sales Manager
- Trade shows, industry meetings, presentations and educational seminars as required
- Quarterly Market data reviews with Distributors
- Annual regional market forecast, individual Distributor plan recommendations and personal growth and sales plan compatible with the growth expectation of the company
- Review of Distributor’s project take-offs for accuracy, pricing, alternative proposals and sales strategy
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the company’s products, system applications, selection and ordering programs, promotional tools and coach field sales representatives in their use
- Develop and maintain a Representative Assessment including information regarding customers and competitors, SWOT analysis and action plans. (Provided quarterly at Quarterly Sales Meetings)
- Participate, if not initiate VOC (Voice of Customer) along with Product Management throughout the year
- Technical Skills – Understands specialty equipment, keeps knowledge up-to-date, is a technical resource for others, follows technology practices and standards
- Product Knowledge – Knows and explains product features/benefits, understands/sells the full product line, understands customer’s business operations and needs, understands/responds to the competition, applies market knowledge
- Communication – Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills
- Customer Focus – Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers
- Initiative – Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or technical area with extensive experience in the design and sale of water sourced heat pump systems including geothermal applications is required.
- Coaching others in the education, promotion and sale of air conditioning/heating systems. Experience in business management with a basic understanding of the business practices of HVAC Distributors
- A high level of integrity, advanced social skills and a high self-motivation to excel.
- Self-reliance and dependability with a genuine regard for the well-being and success of the Distributors, Engineers, Contractors and Owners with whom she/he serves as a representative of ClimateMaster
- Regional Sales Managers must always act in an ethical manner and with regard to all laws relating to business transactions both within the US and internationally
- The Regional Account Manager, as the primary outside Representative of the company, must always portray an enthusiastic, forthright and honest demeanor in business dealings
- Highly capable in the use of business tools such as spreadsheets, business reports and construction data search applications
- The Regional Account Manager must always present a professional appearance.
- Ability to present in front of audiences
- Knowledge of designing, construction and servicing of HVAC systems
- Knowledge and ability to create, develop and implement business plans, including contingency plans associated with financial results
Computer Skills: Skilled with MS Office suite
Certificates & Licenses: None
Other Requirements: Knowledge of workflow process development, process improvement and documentation.