Geothermal Heat Pump Tax Credits
Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit
Geothermal heat pumps
- 30% for systems placed in service by 12/31/2019
- 26% for systems placed in service after 12/31/2019 and before 01/01/2021
- 22% for systems placed in service after 12/31/2020 and before 01/01/2022
- There is no maximum credit for systems placed in service after 2008.
- Systems must be placed in service on or after January 1, 2008, and on or before December 31, 2021.
- The geothermal heat pump must meet federal Energy Star criteria.
- The home served by the system does not have to be the taxpayer’s principal residence.
Last updated: May 1, 2018 09:21