Certified Geothermal Inspector
Inspecting GSHP systems will keep you competitive in a market forced to deal with rising energy costs. The CGI course is worth 2 CEUs.
Certified Geothermal Inspector Workshops
Learn to inspect ground source heat pump (GSHP) systems for residential and commercial properties to keep you competitive in a market forced to deal with rising energy costs and resource depletion. Inspector accreditation enables you to anticipate important critical elements of installation and offers customers more assurance of a low-maintenance, economical, and environmentally friendly alternative for their geo comfort needs. With more than 35 years of experience teaching these workshops, accrediting thousands of installers, drillers, engineers and setting the industry standard, IGSHPA pioneered training in GSHP installation.
Who should attend?
The two day comprehensive inspector workshops are designed for Code Enforcing Inspectors for city, and state governments. The CGI course benefits installers, developers, architects, manufacturers, distributors, dealers, HVAC contractors, trenching/drilling contractors, and anyone who desires a working knowledge of how to inspect this innovative technology. Representatives from public utilities, private utilities, and rural electric cooperatives can also benefit from training. Information gathered from the workshops can help utility representatives serve as a source of information regarding money-saving concepts.
Upon passing the IGSHPA inspector’s exam and certification approval you will be classified as an IGSHPA Certified Inspector of GSHP systems. You will then receive an inspector’s card and a certificate.
Professionals with one of the following prerequisites may apply for the certification:
- A 4-year mechanical engineering graduate and/or P.E. or R.A. with three years of verified experience in geothermal heat pump system project design or installation.
- Any other four year technical or non-technical degree with five years of verified experience in geothermal heat pump system project design or installation.
- Current IGSHPA trained professional.
- Three years of verified experience in building inspection.
– If you do not meet the minimum requirements, you may attend training and take the certification test and apply for CGI In-training.
– Minimum requirements must be met to take the test and apply for certification.
– Both in-house and field experience will be used to evaluate the level of CGI awarded.
If you meet the requirements and pass the test, but do not have the required experience, you may be awarded the CGI-In training. Please contact our training department for more details about CGI In-training.
- GSHP System Benefits
- IGSHPA Standards, ASHRAE and NGWA Guidelines
- Local and State GSHP Codes
- Outside Heat Exchange Configurations
- Building Site and Loop Field Layout
- Heat Fusion and Antifreeze Solutions
- System Startup and Commissioning
- Sample Inspection forms and checklists
Suggested Retail Price – $1,250
IGSHPA Members Discount – ($50)
After you register, you will be sent a registration confirmation. Once the student enrollment has been met, you will receive an email. Your manuals will be given to you on the first day of class.
To register online click here.
Call our office at 800-626-4747
Group discounts and on-location training
A group discount is available if five or more people attend from your company or organization. Please call 800-626-4747 to get a group discount rate.
For an additional fee, IGSHPA offers its Installation Workshops on location. Contact us for more information.
After successful completion of the inspector’s workshop, you will receive a years’ membership with IGSHPA. Upon passing the IGSHPA inspector’s exam, you will receive the certification application to submit for consideration. Once approved you will be classified as an IGSHPA Certified Inspector of GSHP systems. You will then receive an inspector’s card and a certificate.
The full tuition fee will be refunded if you cancel your registration at least two (2) weeks prior to the first day of the confirmed workshop. The full fee will be charged if you do not attend and do not cancel the registration at least fourteen (14) daysbefore the workshop. You may designate another qualified individual as your substitute.
Note: All courses are subject to cancellation by IGSHPA. IGSHPA will give all registrants notice in the event of a course cancellation at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled date. Contact IGSHPA to verify if a course has been cancelled before making any non-refundable travel arrangements.